Hidden Treasures

SELLING AT THE URBANA ANTIQUE SHOW EVERY MONTH NOW!

About the Owner ~ Marianne Dow ~ Proprietor, Delightfully Vintage Stuff

My name is Marianne, and I am a collecting addict! And I don't want to be cured. I love everything about antiquing, collecting, and selling.

(Shipping and Payment info here.)

Now back to me...


  I'm a born-and-raised 'California Girl', which changed when, after visiting hubby's family back here in Ohio, we got hooked on antiques. After a few years of buying vintage treasures back here, and taking them home to California to sell to the ravenous Rose Bowl Flea Market dealers, we decided to move back here to Harrod, where I could be an antique dealer and hubby could be a farmer.

Just where the H is Harrod, you ask? Near Lima. "Near where?", I hear you say. Midway between Toledo and Dayton off I-75. We have a drafty old farmhouse out in the peaceful country. We have a barn, a couple of sheds, and all of the upstairs just packed full of Delightfully Vintage Stuff!

I have been fortunate to have bought lots more than I have sold, so I have lots of inventory. I have cut way back on my buying - no more space! And now I plan to increase my selling efforts with this new online shop.




My personal "serious collection" is Lima, Ohio memorabilia with the emphasis on old bottles. I am a member of the Findlay Antique Bottle Club, and am the club's website editor. We really enjoy the bottle collecting hobby world, and have made some great friends. We attend several bottle shows a year, where we can add to hubby's fruit jar collection.




My other collections are what I call my "fun" collections, meaning I enjoy them and add to them when I find something at a bargain price, but I don't focus on them the way I do my main Lima collection. I have several collections: postcards, illustrated children's books, salt and peppers, California Pottery / Bauer Pottery, costume jewelry, and so many more themes. Here's a link to more pix of part of my fun Easter Toy collection.

These pix are from when I displayed my Easter collection at our local public library. I have displayed my Lima collection, and some of our fruit jar collection and several of my other collections at the library. I give talks about antique collecting to groups, too. I believe in supporting the hobby of collecting, as well as the public library.

My, How Time Flies!

I have been collecting, buying and selling antiques for 25+ years. I have been selling on ebay for 19 years now, as DelightfullyVintageStuff, with over 4500 positive feedbacks. I tell you this so you'll know that I have lots of experience with selling vintage treasures, and that I know how to photograph and describe, and how to safely ship the goodies that you will buy from me. (Shipping and payment info here.)

Here's a couple of pix from my showcase in the Heart Of Ohio Antique Mall, located in Springfield, OH. Martha Stewart has the Heart Mall on her Best Antiques Mall list. I'm showing the pix to give you an idea of what a variety of items I like, and this gives you an idea of the sort of variety you might expect here on Delightfully Vintage Stuff.

But since this is virtual space, I'm not limited to a showcase, so there will be LOTS MORE! (click on the pix to enlarge)





What kind of treasures can you expect to find listed for sale here?

There will be quite a variety. I am starting the shop's inventory from scratch, and it will take a while to photograph and describe each item. There will be vintage goodies such as: linens, textiles, printed towels, handkerchiefs, postcards, books, pottery, vases, cookie jars, figurines, glass, salt and pepper shakers, radios, dishes, games, decorative knic knacs, pictures, prints, photos, toys, bottles, costume jewelry, and so much more.

I'll be mixing it up, and it kinda depends on what box gets excavated next. I hope that you will subscribe to my newsletter. You might not see anything that interests you on the first few looks - but eventually I will list something that you will really want, and subscribing will make sure you don't miss out on seeing the Delightfully Vintage Stuff that you have been looking for!

I have a darling group of items selected to list next, so stay tuned.

Sign up for the free email newsletter so you'll see all the latest listings.

Note: You may see an odd bookkeeping/informational type post now and then, mixed in with my vintage items for sale. That's because this shop uses a blogging format. Just keep scrolling to find more goodies.

PS:




I also write another blog, called "Ms Dow Antiques 'Tique Talk" -- here are some of my recent posts: